Madison West MTB Coach Kristin is leading an awesome event on June 1 at Blackhawk for girls entering 6th – 12th grade in the fall of 2019. See more information below. Sign-up link is here. The Blackhawk members have graciously allowed us to use their awesome trails for all participants (even non-members). Even better, the event is completely free. A parent is encouraged to attend (but not required).
What is GRiT?
The Girls Riding Together (GRiT) initiative is an effort by the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) to recruit and retain more girls and female coaches in NICA programs. The goal of the NICA GRiT initiative is to increase the overall participation rate to 33% female riders (coaches and student-athletes each) by 2023. #moregirlsonbikes!
The Madison West/Verona/Memorial Composite Mountain Bike Team is sponsoring a girls-only day to try out mountain biking and ride with other girls at the amazing Blackhawk trails in Middleton. Free demo mountain bikes will be provided by local retailers if you do not have a trail-ready mountain bike you can bring with you. The event is open to girls entering 6th through 12th grade and their parents. Sign up below for one of two sessions on Saturday, June 1st for a fun day of games, prizes, girl power, and riding bikes in the woods.
Come try it out and see why mountain biking is Ferda Girls!
- Saturday, June 1st at Blackhawk trails in Middleton
- Choose one of two session: 10am-noon, or 1pm-3pm
- Learn basic mountain biking skills
- Ride awesome trails
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to get set up with a bike.
- Student participants must be entering 6-12th grade.
- We can also accomodate bike rentals for one parent per child
- Participants will need a mountain bike.
- Bikes will be available if the rider does not have one. Please indicate during registration if you need a bike.
- Helmets are requred. We will have a few helmets, but please bring your own if you have one.
- Wear comfortable clothing for being outdoors that is able to get muddy.
- The event is weather dependent. If it is too wet to hold the event, the event will be canceled.
- Blackhawk, Camrock, Edgewood, Madison West/East/Memorial, Sauk, Verona MTB teams, Budget Bicycles, Bell
Session 1 : 10am-12pm.
Session 2: 1pm – 3pm.