Madison West Mountain Bike Teams are part of the Wisconsin League of the National Interscholastic Cycling League (NICA). NICA has a very successful and beloved GRiT initiative, which aims to recruit and retain more female-identifying riders and coaches in co-ed NICA programs. Our West teams are doing really well thus far, and we’re very committed to continuing to get #morekidsonbikes and #moregirlson bikes.
Please invite any female-identifying friends (including parents!) who are interested in trying out mountain biking to join us at Blackhawk Ski Club’s mountain bike trails (East Side parking lot) on May 20, for some instruction, games, beginner rides, and prizes! Rain date June 3. More details below!
Registration and Description here (URL can be copied and shared):
Are you a coach looking to volunteer? Sign up here.
• Saturday, May 20, at Blackhawk Trails, East Chalet, in Middleton (Rain date June 3)
• Choose one of two sessions: 10am-12pm, or 1pm-3pm
• Learn basic mountain biking skills
• Ride awesome trails and have FUN!
• Please arrive 15 minutes early to get set up with a bike.
• Student participants must be entering 6-12th grade in the fall and female identifying.
• Adults may be interested in riding with athletes this season and female identifying.
• Participants will need a mountain bike.
• Bikes will be available if the rider does not have one. Please indicate during registration if you need a bike.
• Helmets are required. Please bring your own helmet.
• Wear comfortable clothing for being outdoors that is able to get muddy.
• The event is weather dependent. If it is too wet to hold the event, the event will be canceled. Rain date June 3.